How to Avoid Disasters in Managing Your Career
You’ve seen leaders make bad choices that brought their careers veering down: trusting the wrong person, being overconfident about their strategy, failing to respond effectively to negative market shifts, making the wrong decision on a career move, under-investing in their professional development.
Cutting-edge research in cognitive neuroscience and behavioral economics shows that most career disasters stem from one or a number of poor decisions, due to unconscious dangerous judgment errors that scholars call cognitive biases. Fortunately, recent decision science findings have shown how simple yet effective decision-making strategies can enable you to protect your career from cognitive biases and avoid decision disasters. Pioneering leaders at the forefront of innovation are increasingly integrating such strategies into their career development, as Dr. Tsipursky has observed in his work.
This session will offer you case studies and best practices from these innovative leaders, combined with groundbreaking research in decision science, to give you the most critical skills and take-aways that you need to help yourself avoid career disasters and maximize your professional success. Key take-aways:
- Identify whether you suffer from one or more dangerous judgment errors that brought successful careers crashing down
- Learn the recently discovered decision-making strategies that will enable you to protect your career from these unconscious cognitive biases
- Discover case studies of how innovative leaders successfully integrate these strategies to address mental blind spots that endanger successful leaders
- Adapt best practices on avoiding career disasters from these leaders into your own career management toolkit
- Gain the capacity to mentor other leaders in avoiding career disasters using these techniques
Details:Host: Gleb Tsipursky
Date: Thursday, October 03, 2019
Time: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM ET
Place: Your PC at Home or Work