You have a vision. Maybe it’s a business you want grow, a product you want to create, or a position you want to achieve. Pursuing it feels right. So what do you do next? The answer, of course, is: take some risks.
But the downsides of risk-taking stop you before you start. The effort, the uncertainty, and the possibility of loss seem daunting. It’s much easier to “play it safe” in the short term even if you know you’ll pay in the long term. You end up knowing you should be taking more chances, but you don’t. You get trapped in a seeming comfort zone which really isn’t that comfortable.
Sound familiar? Then don’t miss this remarkable web presentation by leadership coach and strategy consultant Doug Sundheim. Join Doug as he shares case studies and practical strategies for taking smart risks, including:
- The 5 things that smart risk-takers do consistently
- Why only 20% of smart risk-taking is actually taking risks
- Ideas on how to bring the future into clearer view to decrease uncertainty
- Tools for predicting “fail points” in advance in order to improve your chances of success
- Strategies for rewarding smart failures in order to send the right message to those around you
Doug will shares illuminating case studies and simple tools you can use right away to help you build and inspire a culture of smart risk taking within your organization.
Doug Sundheim, a leadership coach and strategy consultant, has advised senior executives and their teams at dozens of companies over the past 18 years including Citigroup, The Chubb Group, Harvard Mgmt Co, University of Chicago, Morgan Stanley, Barclays, Kraft, & Time Warner. He is the author of Taking Smart Risks: How Sharp Leaders Win When Stakes are High.
No Replies to "Taking Smart Risks in Leadership and Your Career"