“I hate networking – it’s icky and manipulative.”
Those are the words of Judy Robinett, one of the top networkers in the world. The reason she’s such a fantastic networker is because she doesn’t promote herself; instead, she seeks to connect people “who should know each other. Judy had the same view on sales as she did on networking. While that view was a plus in networking, it was a minus in business, resulting in a business not doing as well as she wished it would. That all changed when she discovered another Master Class session leader, Matthew Pollard.
In Judy’s words:
“Matthew’s sales system pulled everything together and handed me my dream business. Trust his process, and see what it can do for you.”
Judy has become such a believer in Matthew’s process that he asked her to write the foreword for his new book, The Introvert’s Edge: How the Quiet and Shy Can Outsell Anyone. The book is endorsed by dozens of CEOs, entrepreneurs, business coaches, best-selling authors, professors, and ExecuNet’s own Tony Vlahos, Host of ExecuNet Master Class.
This is a book every business person needs to read! Extroverts are more comfortable “winging it” than introverts, but they too would benefit from following its principles. In fact, the introverts who follow Matthew’s process easily outsell extroverts who do not.
Matthew lays out a 7-step process that anyone can follow, and he provides engaging examples to demonstrate this is true. Here’s a quick look at the seven steps:
- Step 1: Set the stage with trust and an agenda
- Step 2: Mine for gold by asking probing questions
- Step 3: Speak to the right person by making them want to qualify for working with you.
- Step 4: Don’t sell – tell stories embedded with solutions.
- Step 5: Don’t argue – ask questions and provide advice.
- Step 6: Take their temperature on where they stand without putting them on the spot.
- Step 7: Assume the sale, trust the process, be you without being pushy.
I’m not going to even try and explain the steps here. Matthew does so with grace and exquisite storytelling in the book! I urge you to pick up a copy. You’ll discover your natural confidence and a proven, easy to follow sales process that doesn’t require you to change who you are.
No Replies to "The System That Handed Me My Dream Business"