Exclusively for ExecuNet members, Dave Opton, founder of ExecuNet and guest Rick Spann, an ExecuNet Career Strategist, bring you solutions to executive career issues that are important to you. Topics discussed on this call include:
- (7:26) I have had two interviews at a company, including one with the co-owner. At the end of the interview he said he wanted me to meet his partner. However, I have not heard back from them and so emailed HR but have not heard back from them either. Is there anything else I should do or should I just drop it?
- (10:47) I am interviewing with two different companies and have an offer from one. How do I keep the offer in-hand while still pursuing options with the other company?
- (14:00) How does one who is running against the “overqualified” wall make employers understand that a lesser position is acceptable?
- (19:40) What resources are there for someone in a board of director search, other than NACD (National Association of Corporate Directors). What groups would you recommend joining that would be helpful in this area?
- (21:57) As a COO and a marketing officer who just turned sixty, my company will probably be acquired and do layoffs within the next few months. Given that in the silicon valley anyone over thirty-five seem to be washed-up. Other than network, what should I do?
- (25:50) How does one access the hidden job market, positions that don’t appear on career websites or job agent searches?
- (32:59) What is the best way to get connected to the right recruiters who cover my particular market?
- (41:18) How can focus someone looking to return to an industry after 10 years focus their search and resume?
- (49:09) What advice you have that might give me leverage an executive MBA and show it as a differentiator for executive-level opportunities? Recruiters don’t seem to differentiate the executive MBA vs. regular MBA.
- (52:11) Are private equity firms looking for people, and how do we get into the Private Equity firms?
Do you have a question for Dave? Join the Six-Figure Hotline! Check for upcoming sessions now.
No Replies to "Six-Figure Hotline With Dave Opton and Rick Spann"