Exclusively for ExecuNet members, Dave Opton, founder of ExecuNet, hosts a monthly teleconference called Six-Figure Hotline where members submit their most pressing career-related questions, and the career experts who join him provide their thoughts on the topic. His guest this month was Don Weintraub. Don, a former recruiter, oversees ExecuNet’s career strategists and facilitates the Boston area networking meetings. They answered members’ questions about the career issues they most need help with.
Topics discussed on this call include:
- (03:53) The reality of age bias in job search
- (11:50) How consulting impacts a job search
- (16:01) The unemployed job search
- (19:39) Started new job but boss is out on expended leave
- (25:23) Two weeks into search and have two interview calls backs. Is market this good?
- (28:34) Search is limited to small geographic area
- (32:28) Defining you value proposition
- (36:05) Working with recruiters
- (41:34) When you’ve been in a job too long
- (43:46) Positioning job hopping
- (46:04) Explaining leaving company because or personal ethics
- (49:17) Willing to relocate but want to explore the community with spouse. Company in a rush.
- (52:24) Do recruiters call when they don’t have positions to pad their database?
No Replies to "Six-Figure Hotline With Dave Opton and Don Weintraub"