You may not know sh** about Shinola, but through a combination of beautifully designed and produced products, irreverent marketing, and a resonant brand story, in just four years the Detroit company has gone from appropriating a defunct brand name from the 1940s to recently being named “America’s Coolest Brand” by Ad Age.
Listen in as Steve and ExecuNet CMO Tony Vlahos discuss what it takes to build a great brand and a great brand story, the challenge of managing rapid growth and expansion, and what lies ahead for Shinola.
- (0:54) Beatles wisdom, and a lesson in managing rapid growth
- (3:11) How innovation happens at Shinola
- (4:05) It’s all in the DNA: how to build a great brand
- (7:30) Sage advice for entrepreneurs
- (8:40) The next wave at Shinola
No Replies to "Shinola Shines on in Detroit: A Conversation With CEO Steve Bock"