Sometimes you just want to hear someone who knows a whole lot about a subject you’re interested in talk about that subject. If it’s resumes you’re interested in, there’s no one better to listen to than ExecuNet’s own Don Weintraub.
Don and members of his team routinely lead sessions of Master Class to help ExecuNet members reach their career goals. Always a huge member-favorite, there are consistently many more attendees with questions for Don than we have time for in the post-class Q&A, so we held Q&A only style session to try and get some of those questions answered. The theme for this session is around resumes.
Normally, we reserve recordings of our career coaches like this for our VIPs, but we’re making this recording available to you so that you can get a glimpse of the tremendous value that’s available to those who choose to explore reaching out to our Career Services Group to take their job search to the next level.
Here’s how the recording breaks down by topic:
- (01:28) What should a resume accomplish?
- (03:26) How does a resume contribute to telling one’s career story?
- (09:20) What’s the role of the summary at the top?
- (10:15) What do I need to know about keywords?
- (11:49) Are resume gaps really such a big resume problem?
- (15:05) What’s a good resume look like?
- (22:26) Color, how many pages and how far back should dates go?
- (24:15) Is it a good idea to tweak a resume for each job applied for?
- (25:33) What’s the role of the resume in networking?
- (28:33) How does the resume differ when it’s used for Board Seats or Consulting positions?
Need help telling your story?
ExecuNet’s Career Strategists can make the difference in all aspects of your job search… and beyond. Get the help you need and the job you deserve.
One of the benefits of being an ExecuNet VIP is having access to our Career Services Group (CSG). The head of CSG, Don Weintraub was once a recruiter, a high school principal, and Undersecretary of Human Services for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Coach Don has a BS degree in Business from SUNY Albany and earned his MS degree in Counseling and an Advanced Leadership Certification from Hofstra University in Hempstead, NY, so he’s been there, done that and trained to help you reach your goals!
Coach Don’s team of recognized experts in personal branding and marketing, networking, interviewing, compensation negotiation and onboarding use their extraordinary expertise in these areas and to shape an individualized go-to-market strategy for the ExecuNet VIP Career Strategy Group clients they work with.
No Replies to "Résumé Do's and Don'ts"