With the arrival of another new year I took a moment to look back and reflect upon which handful of posts would be especially useful for job seekers heading into 2020.
I narrowed the list down to these seven. For different reasons, they all share something an executive needs to take the next step down their career path, and they are packed with expert teaching from our Career Strategists and Coaches. They know exactly what is working for job seekers in the ever-evolving search industry and how to apply the ExecuNet philosophy of job search.
- 5 Characteristics of a Great Resume: In the last few years, the economy, the job market, what companies look for in leadership, how we absorb information, how we search for what we want, they have all changed drastically. As a result, what makes a great resume has changed. Has yours changed, too, or is it still all about you?
- The Best Way for a Successful Job Search: There is a reason this has a regular place in the CareerSmart Advisor Newsletter for VIPs. This outlines the ExecuNet way of doing a job search, one with both push and pull components. Relying on job boards as a primary approach at the executive level is not reliable. One needs to have an active network and personal marketing materials that pull in new opportunities. The method works and is taught by all ExecuNet Strategists and Coaches.
- The Psychology of a Resume vs a LinkedIn Profile: Here you have a detailed breakdown of the differences between a resume and a LinkedIn profile. If you are looking to stand out from your competition for that job, and you should be, you’ll want to have a great LinkedIn profile. If you think you can simply paste your resume into your profile, make a few tweaks and your profile will be all set… you need to read this post, right away.
- The New Biggest Career Mistake: Don’t be so loyal. There, I said it. Actually, one of our career strategists said it in this article. The Recession of 2008 changed everything; executive tenure is only about 18 months. So why haven’t executives changed their mindset about their loyalty to their employers? There is a personal marketing mindset that executives need to adopt in order to survive professionally.
- The Pay it Forward Mindset of LinkedIn: This is the third in a three-part series in which I breakdown how to approach LinkedIn. Having listened to every ExecuNet master class on LinkedIn more than once, I summarized the concepts our career strategists share with our VIPs. This article should answer questions you didn’t know you had, and if you click through to the companion parts one and two in the series, they will help you to use LinkedIn in a more productive manner.
- The Biggest Job Search Roadblocks – and How to Knock Them Down: The recorded master class, of a powerhouse panel of executive coaches, recruiters, and career strategists who completely understand the stumbling blocks executive job seekers are facing. They shared approaches to all the most common problems, approaches that can be applied right away to stand out and get noticed in today’s competitive job market.
- How to Make Storytelling Your Ultimate Career Advantage: It’s impossible to conduct an effective executive-level job search without understanding the principles found in this master class recording. These days, the job goes to the candidate who can illustrate understanding of the company’s needs and can tell the story of how he/she will execute a vision of satisfying those needs.
No Replies to "The Posts You Need to See Heading into 2020"