What negative thoughts loom across your mind when you are in the middle of a job search? Fear is a natural emotion that surfaces during job search.
First, let’s take a quick look at the circumstances that can evoke fear when you are in the middle of a job search.
- You want to pursue better career opportunities and achieve professional growth
- You want to change your career direction
- You were laid off because of company economic difficulties, restructuring or industry downturn
- Your company’s growth prospects are poor
- You were fired by a volatile boss
Whatever the reason you are job searching, it can be very stressful. Fear is a basic element in human experiences and can set you on an emotional roller coaster.
- Fear is what clouds your perception.
- Fear is what impedes your judgment.
- Fear is what keeps you from being in touch with your intuition.
Steps for overcoming fears:
No Replies to "Managing the Emotional Roller Coaster of Job Search: Conquering Fear"