Live Networking Event Detail
Executive Networking Forum
Payment information:Register by: Credit Card or Check
Make check payable to: Linda Van Valkenburgh
Please send check to:
Linda Van Valkenburgh
My Executive Career Coach
700 Fairfield Ave, Suite 100
Stamford, CT 06902
Registration:Contact: Linda Van Valkenburgh
Details:Host: Linda Van Valkenburgh
700 Fairfield Avenue,
About the Facilitator:
Linda partners with clients to plan, manage and organize individualized career campaigns. She helps clients define career goals and identify career options utilizing proven and comprehensive career planning techniques and systems; provides opportunities to improve decision making skills; teaches job search and research strategies; assists in the development and modification of resumes, and provides support for clients experiencing the stress of job loss or career transition.
Linda assists clients to discover their skills and strengths; develop their value proposition and strategic plan; target opportunities that advance their careers to the next level and supports them through a skillful negotiation process.
Linda partners with her clients and guides them through a career campaign to fulfilling and satisfying positions. She has developed personal evolving career plans for clients as many return for further counsel as they progress through their careers.
Recognized by the International Coaching Federation (ICF), Linda's credentials include: Certified Career Management Coach (CCMC), Certified Job Search Strategist (CJSS), and Certified Social Media Career Strategist (CSMCS). Linda's educational background includes a Bachelor's degree in Education and Psychology from Marymount College and a Master's degree from Fordham University with additional advanced degree credits from Purdue University. Linda is a member and invited speaker for the Society for Human Resource Management; has been a past speaker at the Yale School of Management lecturing on Interview Techniques and Strategies for over 300 MBA students; and has spoken at many networking groups across the region. She is a regular contributor for ExecuNet providing "Coffee Break" lectures and downloadable content, ExecuNet Career Advisor article contributions, and an ExecuNet guest speaker for national teleconferences. Linda also organizes and facilitates two monthly networking meetings for the 100k and 200k+ executive.
This Executive Forum Networking meeting is for all executives searching for a discreet, focused group so they may delve into queries about leads, contacts, market intelligence AND specific questions about their search and tactics. All industries may attend from HR, IT, Finance, Manufacturing, CPG, Marketing, Legal, Telecom, PR, IR, etc.. It provides a forum for professionals to network with executives, build quality relationships, exchange leads, and discuss experiences, ideas, and peer feedback specifically for your career development. This is all about making connections!
"Very productive session, and fun!" RJ, CFO
"Certainly the best networking experience - deep, warm, generous." PC, Global Bus. Dev.
"Great contact opportunity!" MW, CEO
"The most useful 3 hours spent in 2 years." WD, EVP, Sales & Mktg.
"The longer format and brainstorming component were the best." JK, CMO
What is in it for you?
In this confidential, professional environment, you can make important contacts and share information with others from different industries and functions. Whether you are currently in transition, investigating, or a career smart professional that knows that constant networking is critical to your career, this group is a fantastic resource!
How does it work?
- We begin at 6:00 pm with Unstructured Networking. This provides the opportunity to meet your fellow networkers and enjoy light refreshments, appetizers, salads, wraps, and desserts.
- Around 6:15 pm, we start with the Rules of Engagement so all attendees (especially our first timers) know the structure and expectations of the meeting.
- At 6:30 pm we begin where each executive gets a turn to present their Value Propositions, target companies, and what they are offering the group. In return, the group responds with Leads contacts, opportunities, and market intelligence.
- The session ends at 9:00 pm but there is always ample time to single out networkers of special interest and have more in-depth conversations.
- Be ready to give a two-minute introduction summary (your Value Proposition). It is the answer to the question: "Tell me about yourself." Share what you can offer the group and what you would like from the group, including how you may be a "solution" to someone's problems. Be ready to help others with ideas, leads, feedback, and suggestions.
- Be ready to ask the group for introductions or leads to your targeted companies
- Be ready to share information you have to offer others.
- Bring business cards and 15 copies of your one page Overview Sheet (resume/bio) that also lists your target organizations to exchange with others in attendance.