Join the founder of Menlo Innovations and author of the business culture cult classic Joy, Inc for an inspirational Master Class session on finding joy in the challenge of leading others.
Rich Sheridan’s Joy, Inc told the story of how his tiny software company in Ann Arbor, Michigan achieved success and renown by embracing offbeat culture and human-centered values. In his latest release, CHIEF JOY OFFICER, he turns his attention from culture to leadership, and draws on his experience running Menlo and consulting elsewhere to offer a wise, provocative guide on how anyone can build leadership capacity for joy within their own organization.
In this Master Class session, Rich offers sage, hard-won advice to any manager or leader who yearns to make more of an impact on the lives of others. Listen to this session to learn an approachable, down-to-earth philosophy and practice that will help bring a renewed sense of purpose to your work building and leading others.
Here’s What Some Attendees of the Live Event Had to Say:
- “I enjoyed every minute of Rich’s time with us. His message resonates with me, and I know that what he’s talking about can work in any business setting. It’s just a matter of choosing to take this path.”
- “Love the positive energy and practical advice.”
- “Rich is amazing! We need more executive leaders like him in corporate America to bring about this long overdue change.”
- “It’s what corporate America needs to hear and be more like – for itself and its employees.”
- “So many takeaways – positivity and options in a time when negativity and conflict are deeply entrenched. Refreshing to hear someone talk about how appraisals and ranking inspire fear rather than improving performance. Also, appreciated hearing about systems vs bureaucracy.”
- “I am in transition and purposefully looking to join an organization that values joy. Your presentation will help me articulate what I am looking for.”
- “This was my first ExecuNet Master Class – very, very helpful and uplifting.”
Click here for program slides
Menlo Innovations CEO Rich Sheridan had an all consuming thought during a difficult mid-career in the chaotic technology industry:
Things can be better. Much better.
He had to find a way. His search led him to books, authors and history, including recalling childhood visits to Greenfield Village every summer. The excitement of the Edison Menlo Park New Jersey Lab served as his siren call to create a workplace filled with camaraderie, human energy, creativity and productivity.
Ultimately, Rich and his co-founder James Goebel invented their own company in 2001 to “end human suffering in the world as it relates to technology” by returning joy to one of the most unique endeavors mankind has ever undertaken: the invention of software.
Their unique approach to custom software design, named High-tech Anthropology®, has produced custom software that delights users rather than frustrating them. The programming team creates the software that works every day without the emergencies that are all too common in the tech industry. The process itself is so interesting that almost 4,000 people a year travel from around the world just to see how they do it. Many spend a week or more studying “The Menlo Way” being taught by the Menlonians who love to share their experience and knowledge.
In 2013, Rich and his publisher Penguin Random House took a chance that a business book with the words joy and love on the cover might have impact. They had no idea how the world yearned for such a message. His bestseller, Joy, Inc. – How We Built a Workplace People Love now has Rich traveling the world speaking about joy, creativity, and human energy in the workplace.
No Replies to "Lead With Joy"