According to CXO advisor Peter Bregman, author of the newly released book Leading With Emotional Courage, our unwillingness to feel something unpleasant holds so many people back from living, feeling, and experiencing life to its fullest.
Leaders tend to have good leadership knowledge, but actually putting that knowledge to proper use is another story. For example, in an interview with ExecuNet Master Class Host Anthony Vlahos, Peter says “Knowing you need to listen and actually listening is the difference of emotional courage.” Every leader knows they need to be a good listener, but far too often they think they are good listeners when in actuality they really are not.
Emotional courage is the engine that allows us to lead and live powerfully in the world. This book can help make that happen.
Hear Peter talk about the concept himself:
- 0:00 Who is Peter Bregman
- 0:40 Emotional courage defined
- 2:18 Why emotional courage is important in everyday work life
- 4:20 Why emotions in the workplace are okay
- 6:41 Practical ways to develop emotional courage
- 11:04 How the book came to be
No Replies to "Is Lack of Emotional Courage Holding You Back?"