Sheryl O’Loughlin knows firsthand the difficulty of balancing the needs of a growing family with her own physical and mental health, while managing other work and life challenges. In this warm, honest, and wise fireside chat with ExecuNet CMO Tony Vlahos, she will give you the essentials for killing it in business—without killing the rest of your life.
Listen to the recording of this special online event to hear Sheryl share the wisdom she’s gained from her successful experiences launching a company from the ground up (Plum), running two fast-growing businesses (Clif Bar and REBBL), and mentoring aspiring entrepreneurs (at the Stanford Graduate School of Business).
In detailing her journey—from massive growth at hip companies to near bankruptcy and a serious eating disorder—Sheryl tells it like it is.
“If you don’t invest in your wellbeing, your business will not succeed… nor will you.”
Sheryl’s story will give current and aspiring entrepreneurs, intrepreneurs, CEOs and High Potentials the tools they need not only to survive but to thrive—both in the office and at home.
Here’s what some attendees of the live event had to say:
- “Hearing someone else’s heartfelt story is an excellent affirmation and guidepost to the steps I can be taking.”
- “It is SO deeply refreshing, insightful, invigorating to be granted the space and the opportunity to listen to such genuine work and life experiences – It almost came out as the format of a podcast and all (format, content, Q&A session) was truly beautifully inspiring!”
- “What a lesson of humility and transparency to speak so warmly about ups and downs. Authenticity, energy and love shone all way through.”
- “I feel privileged to be able to attend such a master class that provides top-notch speakers!”
- “Moving and meaningful, Sheryl touched on important aspects of life and work.”
- “Very inspirational and provides new ideas on how to start a business and manage your personal life.”
As a child, Sheryl O’Loughlin was best known for rushing everywhere and being too impatient to pour milk into a glass before drinking it. As an adult, Sheryl is no less eager. She served as the CEO of Clif Bar, where she introduced the world to Luna bars; she was the co-founder and CEO of Plum Organics, and she is currently CEO of REBBL super herb beverages.
One of her favorite roles was mentoring budding entrepreneurs when she was the executive director of the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies at the Stanford Graduate School of Business. With her new book, Killing It, Sheryl is able to share her advice with a wider group of current and aspiring entrepreneurs all at once, which delights her because, well, it’s faster. And that means more time for drinking wine at her Santa Rosa home and hanging out with her husband and two sons.
No Replies to "Killing it in Business: A Conversation with REBBL CEO Sheryl O’Loughlin"