In his latest book, The Ideal Team Player, leadership and business pioneer Patrick Lencioni tells the story of Jeff Shanley, a leader desperate to save his uncle’s company by restoring its cultural commitment to teamwork. Jeff must crack the code on the virtues that real team players possess, and then build a culture of hiring and development around those virtues.
Beyond the fable, Pat presents a practical framework and actionable tools for identifying, hiring and developing ideal team players in any kind of organization.
In this ExecuNet member-exclusive fireside chat, Pat and ExecuNet CMO Tony Vlahos discuss the most valuable qualities a person should develop in order to thrive in the world of work and life. Their conversation illumines:
- The ideal team player model
- The three indispensable virtues that make some people better team players than others
- How to apply the model to hire, assess and develop your employees
- How to make teamwork a cultural reality at your organization
Whether you’re a leader trying to create a culture around teamwork, a staffing professional looking to hire real team players, or a team player wanting to improve yourself, you will want to tune in to hear this remarkable conversation.
Here’s what some attendees of the recorded event had to say:
- “Spot on. Pat was very authentic and sincere in discussing the topic, as well as answering the questions.”
- “One of the best Master Classes I have taken.”
- “Master Classes help focus important topics via a subject matter expert in a short time period.”
- “One of the very best ever!”
- “Any leader needs to know this.”
- “Pat “rocks”! Loved his 5 Dysfunctions of a Team and will definitely buy his new book.”
- “Very insightful with real examples.”
- “Practical advice and reminds you of some of your failings that you need to work actively on.”
- “A different lens for understanding team dynamics, and my own behavior/impacts.”
Here’s a Preview:
Become a VIP member to access the full recording, as well as our library of recorded classes and future classes.
Click here for program slides
Recognized as a true pioneer in leadership and business, Patrick Lencioni is a New York Times best-selling author and according to the Wall Street Journal “one of the most in-demand speakers in America.” In 2008, he was named by Fortune magazine as “one of the new gurus you should know.”
Pat is the architect of organizational health, a concept that he calls the last competitive advantage in business today.
He is the founder of The Table Group and the author of 11 books which have sold over 5 million copies and been translated into more than 30 languages.
Pat has written for or been featured in numerous publications including Harvard Business Review, Inc., Fortune, Fast Company, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and BusinessWeek.
Prior to founding The Table Group, Pat worked at Bain & Company, Oracle Corporation and Sybase.
No Replies to "The Ideal Team Player: A Fireside Chat With Patrick Lencioni"