Ten Key High Level Strategic Decisions on Hyperconvergence
Why Strategy, not Technology, drives Digital Transformation.
αἴκα, aika; “If.” Plutarch reports that Phillip II of Macedon sent word to the Spartans, saying that “if I should invade Laconia, I shall drive you out.” The Spartans laconically responded with “if.”
The World Could Run Out of Data Storage Capacity
Storage Capacity Optimization / … Hyperconvergence / Quantum Computing
INDUSTRY 5.0. The “human touch” revolution is now under way.
Industry 5.0, or the fifth industrial revolution, will revolve around the close interactions between man and machine. Greater collaboration between the two is expected as “cognitive computing” will be better equipped to work alongside human intelligence.
Workers will need to be skilled and endowed with individual talents to provide value-added tasks in production. Driving much of this trend is a wide demand for greater customization and personalization for mass produced goods. While we’re still in the process of realizing the true vision of Industry 4.0, it’s become clear what’s on the horizon. Industry 5.0, while still out of reach for now, will bring major changes for manufacturing.
Industrial intelligent robots will be a critical component of the fifth industrial revolution. While much of what defines Industry 5.0 involves a human’s ability to customize and personalize a product at a mass scale, this is only possible with hyperconverged systems and advanced robotic capabilities.
Mature artificial intelligence will help close the design loop. By fully and efficiently automating the entire production process, humans enhanced by augmented capacity are left free to create and innovate without having to worry about production constraints.
Unlike in Industry 4.0 where automation capabilities take center stage, industrial intelligent robots will take a back seat to human intelligence in Industry 5.0. They will remain a critical component, however, enabling entirely new production methods.
To Hyperconverge or Not Hyperconverge…? Is That Really the Question?
An unexamined business transformation strategy is not worth implementing. To facilitate and maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data and business operations, consider creating roadmaps to digital transformation; designing a reliable system, where your security strategy is a part of your digital transformation strategy. People are an imperative part of the system.
The terms “hyperconvergence” and “hyperconverged infrastructure” originated in a meeting between Jeff Ready and Jason Collier of Scale Computing and Arun Taneja of the Taneja Group. The term was coined to mean the inclusion of a virtualization hypervisor into a complete infrastructure solution that included storage, compute, and virtualization.
Many decades in the making, hyperconvergence replaces the typical do-it-yourself approach to integrating datacenter infrastructure as well as traditional converged architectures. Enterprises are embracing hyperconverged infrastructure. The advent of hyperconverged software (HCS) has meant that organizations can now get much more out of their hardware than ever before.
What hyper-converged storage really means for you? Strategize this notion… Anticipate the pendulum, avoid the pitfalls, and take the keys to your success 5.0!
10 Key High Level Strategic Decisions on Hyperconvergence.
- “Know thyself” . Initiate multidisciplinary engineering research in collaboration with your supply chain partners.
- Examine the current state of your IT infrastructure; Data Management; Cyber Security; Vulnerability Management; Legal compliance; Cyber Resilience…
- Design your high level prosponsive strategy; make your strategic plan really strategic and aligned with your end-to-end value chain.
- Communicate your strategic plan to all stakeholders. Keep a careful record of all aspects of stakeholder communications and agreements that occur over time.
- Apply the systems thinking approach in strategic decisions on hyperconvergence. People are an imperative part of the system.
- Choose the relevant industry leaders for your business. Decide on the industry’s largest ecosystem of partners, customers, and experts.
- Integrate the hyperconverged paradigm in your overall design via open interfaces, API based architecture, and standard driven interconnectedness, aiming to simplify your hyperconverged infrastructure.
- Broaden your awareness of cyber threats, incidents and IT risks. Reinforce the risk management to the comprehensive risk management covering the entire value chain (IT, OT, cyber risks, processes, tools, human and compliance dimensions).
- Reverse-engineer and examine your strategic plan from a holistic standpoint before implementation.
- Drive innovation and scale. Rollout Hyperconvergence to provide the best answer to any “if” and multiply your success.
Ludmila Morozova-Buss, Cybersecurity Researcher & Social Media Influencer. Berlin, Germany
An acknowledged multi-lingual, multi-cultural thought leader, Ludmila Morozova-Buss established her foundational economics, finance, and business strategy knowledge and experience through myriad assignments in the United States and Asia as well as in Europe.
With a clear grasp of systems theory and revelation of pervasive, persistent, and resilient interconnectedness, Mrs. Morozova-Buss is uniquely qualified as lead moderator and facilitator of Global MegaTrends Roundtable – a select gathering of Industry Leaders across industries ranging from protégées through mentors across all professions while emphasizing the common connectedness of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. Global MegaTrends Roundtable LinkedIn Group comprises Developers of Products, Markets, Businesses, and Economies; Practitioners of Law and Medicine; Observers and Activist in Geopolitics and Finance; and Academicians both Students as well as Teachers.
Ludmila’s leadership in social media LinkedIn & Twitter ( @TopCyberNews ) is evidenced by her reputation among her peers with recent distinctions including:
- Onalytica’s 2017 & 2018 Top 100 Global Influencers & Brands;
- Global Top Female CyberSecurity Influencers;
- STEM Top Influencer;
- Global 2018 Top 100 Digital Transformation Influencers.
Hyperconvergences : S Dolecki, F Mynard; Applied General Topology 4 (2), 391-419 https://polipapers.upv.es/index.php/AGT/article/view/2041
Convergence Foundations of Topology / S Dolecki – 2016
No Replies to "The Hyperconvergence Pendulum"