The successful candidate for the Director of Land Development will have these general responsibilities . . .
- Oversee and manage all phases of the development process for new multifamily home building.
- Provide strategic leadership to the planning and development team and direction and administration for planning, site selection and acquisition, contract negotiation, land development, entitlement, scheduling, financial analysis, budgeting, etc.
- Analyze market conditions, property and unit amenities and features, rental rates and operating expenses for properties.
- Review and approve project design for quality and conformance to standards.
- Manage financial control and accountability.
- Oversee and coordinate land activities with team to facilitate start-up of projects.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with external vendors.
- Manage the transition of the product from construction to operations.
- Ensure Division is in compliance with Company's policies, procedures and federal, state and local regulations.
- Evaluate opportunities for new markets.
- Negotiate pricing, terms, and conditions of sale.
Summary of requirements for Director of Land Development:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Architecture, Finance, Marketing or related discipline. MBA preferred.
- Must have 5+ years of land development and management experience in the multifamily housing industry.
- Strong financial analysis experience.
- Experience in project management.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace and team-oriented environment.
- Self-driven, highly motivated, excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, organizational, negotiation, analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite to include, MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%.
Salary: $100-$150K plus bonus potential
***Qualified candidates must reside in Southern California***