The Vice President of Service Lines is responsible for the results of service line growth and program development within a market. The leader will orchestrate strategic work across the market to improve volume and quality of results within service lines, allocate organizational resources accordingly, and build strategic partnerships to drive new service line business development.
- Collaborates with Group and Market Strategy Leaders, System Service Line leadership, and Market President to design, lead and implement service line strategy for the market.
- In partnership with Strategy Department, conducts thorough business and financial analyses on service line products and services, new projects, financial forecasts, volume projections, and proposed capital investments.
- Collaborate with operational leaders across the continuum of care to execute service line strategies to improve access to safe and high-quality patient care.
- Ensures a physician alignment strategy for service lines. Identify needs of physician leaders and referring physicians in each service line and create plans for innovation and satisfaction. Ensure physician succession planning is implemented and geographic access planning is implemented. Suggest and support clinical quality benchmark initiatives.
- Manage results of a balanced scorecard incorporating operational, clinical, market share, and financial metrics to measure success of service line business plans and monitor performance.
- Leads efforts to achieve disease/service line specific accreditation and center of excellence designations.
- Researches and advances innovation of products and procedures to support growth and continuity of care.
- Collaborates with Marketing Department to implement local and market strategies for marketing, digital, and consumer experience strategies regarding service line priorities and business plans.
- Evaluates resources across the market and develops action plans with Market leadership to maximize cost effectiveness and utilization; while supporting a culture that fosters trust, high reliability, safety and quality.
- Recommends and implements plans that uphold and improve the experience of patients, families, customers, associates and providers.
Education Qualifications -
Required Minimum Education:
Masters Degree Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, or related field
Minimum 10 years of business experience in a healthcare-related field
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Experience in financial management, including budget preparation, cash flow management, and analysis of financial reports. Demonstrated ability to increase revenue through program development, increased market share, business strategy as well as effecting improved operations.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred
Expertise in clinical environments. Demonstrated competency in physician and provider relations. Experience leading in a faith-based health system.