Overview and Responsibilities
Work as a member of the Viacom Business and Legal Affairs team that supports the Company business team in a broad variety of matters arising from the distribution of the Company service. This role will be located onsite at Company in West Hollywood.
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of agreements arising from the distribution of the Company service and content on a broad array of media platforms (e.g., cable and satellite television, internet/OTT, telco, wireless, pre-load), with a focus on linear and VOD distribution agreements.
- Draft, review and negotiate agreements related to the licensing of third-party content for distribution on Company.
- Provide advice and counsel on a variety of legal and business affairs matters
- Monitor contractual and regulatory compliance
- Assist with various departmental and administrative functions and assignments requiring interaction with other groups within Company, with attorneys supporting other Viacom client groups and with executives from Viacom’s various other businesses (e.g., Ad Sales, Corporate, Production & Development)
- Support senior attorneys as needed
- J.D. and a minimum of 5 years of relevant in-house or law firm experience are required
- Experience and strong interest within content distribution and licensing is ideal
- California membership is required and/or qualified to register as CA In-House Counsel
- Extensive, in-depth knowledge of contract and general corporate law is required
- Must have ability to evaluate and draft complex agreements and effectively distill information for clients
- Must possess excellent drafting and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously in a demanding, fast-paced environment; to communicate effectively with others verbally and in writing; and ability to negotiate agreements with third parties independently
- Ability to work closely with and maintain effective relationships with Company and Viacm Media Networks (VMN) personnel within and outside primary client group
- Knowledge of media, intellectual property, communications, technology and/or internet law and FCC regulation
- Relevant experience in the television and/or digital media industry
- Must be comfortable working in start up-type environment