Company is focused on enabling the greatest opportunity for change in the US Higher Education system. Millions of students start their post-secondary education with hopes for a greater tomorrow, only to find that there are many obstacles in their path to graduation. Colleges and Universities lose billions each year related to drop outs, non-completions, misguided course selections, and withdrawals. We believe that all students should expect to reach their goals and that institutions should be enabled to create the systems, processes and support that drives student success. Our SaaS platform is used by over 500 schools to improve retention, empower leaders’ use of data and analytics to deliver actionable, best practices and ultimately, help more students succeed.
Company is looking for a proven Sales and Customer Focused leader to continue our rapid growth and to help us create a better tomorrow for millions of higher education students and the institutions that serve them.
This position will be in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro)
The VP of Sales will serve as the Go to Market leader for the Starfish business unit. He/she will be responsible for driving strategy and execution of all initiatives that will ensure short and long-term revenue growth.
Key focus areas include:
- Retention, Growth and Client Success - Direct responsibility for the leadership of the Sales & Account Management organizations to retain and delight existing clients, grow this existing book of business by meeting the evolving needs of clients, and rapidly acquire new higher education customers.
- Go to Market - Alongside the SVP of Sales and Account Management for Company, craft and execute against the overall sales strategy to maximize revenue for all services, from initial lead through the entire customer lifecycle.
- Process, Analytics and Predictability - Build a highly metric driven and predictable revenue team by developing and/or improving the sales and account management playbook, creating Salesforce discipline, effective sales enablement, accurate forecasting and hiring and retaining best fit talent. Additionally, the VP will assess and improve upon current sales processes, methodologies, team members/structure and associated discipline. And create/execute short and long term sales plans, including strategies, goals, quotas, tracking mechanisms and analytics.
- Executive Presence and Capability – Be an active presence with the Starfish client community at client events, sales meetings and industry tradeshows. Should be comfortable with presentation delivery to C-level suite as part of the Starfish sales team on our largest deal pursuits. We expect the leader to “roll-up their sleeves” when necessary to help the team and help our clients.
- Scale - Understand and have experience in driving rapid growth at a similar stage technology company, preferably delivering SaaS solutions. Propose & implement necessary adjustments to “the playbook” to optimize performance and build/refine the infrastructure to facilitate growth
- Collaboration – Collaborate with senior peers in Marketing, Sales Enablement, Product, Engineering, Customer Experience, and Thought Leadership to ensure that all areas of the process are working together to achieve divisional goals.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A data driven talent leader who looks for quantitative evidence that a given initiative is succeeding or failing.
- Minimum 10 years of enterprise sales experience, with at least 5 in leadership roles, with a verifiable track record of success in building an enterprise sales force from $25-50m and beyond.
- Inspirational leader that creates followers through their words and actions.
- Data first sales leader that can use data and insight to drive organizational action.
- SaaS expertise with a focus on enterprise level solutions.
- Solution selling in a competitive market.
- You thrive on success made possible by coaching, motivating and improving others and the process.
- You are intellectually curious and like to understand why things work.
- You like to enable processes because they make things more effective for your team.
- You want to make the world a better place.
Company recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.