Drive destination demand and visitation to achieve financial targets for Company and its sub-brands by leading the development of marketing strategies in partnership with Corporate Marketing and translating marketing strategies into successful marketing plans and execution. Monitor business results and complex KPIs for Company and multiple sub-brands. Identify trends and learnings to improve results. Direct plan adjustments as needed. This executive leads the Strategy Planning & Insights team and the Brand Management team.
The Strategy Planning & Insights team is responsible for analysis of consumer, competitive and market trends to support existing and new business opportunities. The team conducts primary consumer research and incorporates external data sources to conduct business analysis and inform strategy development.
The Brand Management team develops strategies and plans that motivate key consumer segments to visit and achieve segment and business targets. The team utilizes day to day business analysis, Sales input, Strategy Planning & Insights findings and Integrated Media & Analytics findings for ongoing strategy and plan development and execution. The team ensures 4P marketing strategies are prioritized, integrated and aligned against highest impact opportunities. The team determines the optimal mix of budget allocation and champions plans for approval with executive leadership. The team also monitors and manages ongoing performance relative to targets and develops contingency efforts as needed.
STRATEGY PLANNING AND INSIGHTS
- Identify strategic opportunities for growth, including tracking how markets and segments are evolving, evaluating brand, product and service opportunities, and analyzing external trends as well as competitive actions.
- Conduct market research to inform Marketing, Sales, and Operational decision-making.
- Provide modeling and data-based perspective as input for executive decision-making forums.
- Lead the development, preparation, and presentation of Universal Orlando's Marketing & Sales situation assessment to inform annual planning.
- Generate actionable knowledge-driven insights and analysis and proactively share with senior leadership and relevant stakeholders.
- Communicate complex analyses and recommendations in a clear, concise and persuasive manner.
- Apply principles of consumer marketing to achieve desired business objectives.
- Develop business case for identified opportunities and communicate in a clear, concise and persuasive manner.
- Leverage consumer insights, business insights, market intel, and critical thinking to develop (4P- Product, Price, Place, Promotion) strategies and integrated marketing plans designed to motivate targeted consumer segments via a variety of brand activity.
- Oversee the interpretation, approval, and execution of clearly defined strategies, campaigns and engagement efforts working collaboratively with other Marketing/Sales departments.
- Continually assess actual business results vs. plan /goal and champion adjustments to marketing activity to meet annual plan targets as necessary.
- Lead the annual planning and budgeting process for Marketing & Sales. Continually assess marketing expense allocation for market impact.
- Champion integration and alignment with other departments including Corporate Marketing, Sales, Product Planning, Financial Planning & Analysis, Legal, Creative, Entertainment, and Operations.
EDUCATION :Bachelor’s degree required. MBA strongly preferred.
EXPERIENCE:20+ years of progressive, relevant market and customer-based strategic planning experience preferably in support of marketing and sales functions in the consumer entertainment, travel or amusement park industry.
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple projects with significant and far-ranging impact on the performance of the business in both the short- and long-term as well as requiring significant financial and resource investments.
- Demonstrated cross-functional expertise in diverse fields such as marketing, strategy, finance, operations, sales, etc. and with skills as far ranging as market demand modeling, ROI analysis, what-if scenario planning, and competitive risk assessments.
- Demonstrated success leading inter-departmental projects composed of participants at the Director-level and above, successfully leveraging cross-functional relationships with executive level management in Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
- Strong executive presence to present persuasive recommendations to senior leadership as well as key stakeholders, including ability to communicate complex ideas and recommendations to senior leadership that highlights a clear decision framework based on analysis and experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading complex integrated communication planning, developing creative briefs, and providing guidance for creative review.
- Strong understanding of consumer and brand research with ability to translate into viable strategic direction.
- Financial acumen including budget management, forecasting, pro formas and P&Ls.
- Ability to integrate market, competition, trends, organizational state and other issues into a coherent vision for change, development and growth via business case development.
- Superb diplomacy skills, ability to use appropriate levers to persuade others to take action and to strive to find solutions that meet the mutual needs of all parties and the company as a whole
- A track record of performance meeting targets and objectives with ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to changing business conditions.
Experience/Knowledge in the following areas preferred/beneficial:
- Travel & Resort Industry, Entertainment &/or Theme Park experience
- Brand Management
- Consumer Research
- Customer Retention & Loyalty
- Financial Pro-formas, Forecasting, Budget Management and Business Case Development
- Digital & Technical Savvy (Social Media Experience+)
- Business, Consumer, and Competitive Analysis