The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the company. The CTO works with the executive team to support company vision and growth through the use of technological resources. The CTO will oversee all employees in the IT department and sub-departments to attain the company’s strategic goals established in the company’s strategic plan.
Company is a community of Christians that requires its employees to share its Christian religious beliefs and practices. CCM complies with all anti-discrimination laws applicable to religious employers.
A career with Company (CCM) is more than just a job, it’s a ministry. CCM’s mission is to connect and equip Christians to share their lives, faith, talents, and resources with others. The foundation of CCM’s mission is Acts 2:42-47.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes the company’s technical vision and leads all aspects of the company’s technological development
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness
- Is solution-oriented and provides guidance to the organization on how best to apply technology and process to resolve problems
- Continually coaches and mentors IT team members to reach their potential
- Develops the CCM technical environment, supports new infrastructure roll-outs, and defines and implements the DevOps process - including management of releases and other technical operations
- Develops and sustains high-quality relationships with executive leadership team. Identifies priorities, issues, and strategic challenges for the organization and strategizes solutions which have scale and global reach
- Holds overall responsibility for leading and directing a large and diverse workforce to achieve the business strategy through application of technology. Inspires people and gets their full commitment to do the extraordinary
- Explores how market and industry changes will influence and challenge the whole organization. Conducts research and case studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation
- Builds a committed leadership team and holds overall responsibility for building the capabilities of a large and diverse workforce to their full potential
- Represents the organization in relationship with vendors, clients, the public, and other relevant external relations
- Takes overall responsibility for designing, developing, and delivering the organization's overall tech strategy and services to achieve long-term business needs in a way that maximizes the organization's impact and business performance
- Acts as a good steward of Company's resources and ensures control of IT departmental budgets
- Leads cost-benefit and ROI analyses to determine which platforms and solutions fit CCM needs.
- Encourages an environment of kind conflict, promoting a culture of 360-degree feedback to ensure development of the highest quality solutions for CCM
Essential Skills & Abilities
- Deep knowledge and experience with agile development processes.
- Proven expertise developing and executing product strategies.
- Business acumen and work experience in a healthcare, service organization, and/or financial services industries preferred.
- Strong people management skills and proven experience managing remote and in-house people and resources.
- Conviction and ability to support and defend technology decisions within management team.
- Ability to nurture a culture of experimentation and learning, with a focus on both agility and reliability.
- Strong prioritization and goal-setting skills; ability to evaluate different points of view, make tough decisions, and defend these within management.
- Data literacy coupled with a relentless focus on utilizing data effectively to meet customers’ needs.
- Willingness to take direct responsibility for achieving overall company goals.
- Confident and comfortable presenting and discussing your solutions with senior stakeholders.
Core Competencies/Demonstrable Behaviors
- Business Insight—Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals
- Action oriented—Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Attracts Top Talent—Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs.
- Builds Effective Teams— Building strong teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Develops talent—Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives results—Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic mindset—Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Optimizes work processes—Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Instills trust—Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Education and Experience
- BS in related field required, MA preferred, plus 15+ years of experience in the IT sector and 10+ years of management/strategic experience; or
- MBA/MS in related field with at least 10 years of experience in the IT sector and a minimum of 6 years of management/strategic experience