WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Do you share a passion for industry leading excellence, service, and a fun work environment? We are looking for a Senior Vice President of Risk Management to join our family!
Reporting to the CLO, this position is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s risk management program. This position: develops and implements risk management and insurance programs, policies, systems and controls that protect the organization’s assets and achieve financial objectives; oversees the design and implementation of cost-effective claims management and worker’s comp programs; manages the company’s insurance programs including general and professional liability, property and casualty, D&O, employment practice liability, worker’s compensation, auto, cyber and surety bonds; implements safety programs including OSHA, patient transfer and fall prevention; develops and maintains risk data base; tracks, trends and analyzes risk data; and develops, prepares and presents risk management reports, results and recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the department of risk management.
- Full responsibility for all operations of the risk management program.
- Directs loss control and prevention activities based on an analysis of loss and incident data.
- Supervises the statistical trending of incident and loss data and analyzes patterns.
- Designs and implements risk assessments, surveys and studies in order to identify opportunities for system improvement and reduction of risk and losses.
- Develops departmental budget and accumulates cost data to calculate Total Cost of Risk to the organization.
- Develops the risk management plan, goals and objectives.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the risk management activities.
- Develops risk management related policies and procedures.
- Provides risk management consultation for specific issues and cases.
- Submits recommendations for changes in the existing risk control and risk financing procedures based on organizational changes.
- Tracks, tends, and presents risk management results and recommendations based on an analysis of incident/loss data.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Certification in risk management highly preferred, CPHRM
- OSHA certification preferred
- Other certifications considered, ARM, CRM
- Captive experience preferred
- Experience with claims management and insurance program administration
- Excellent analytical skills required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years financial risk management experience including serving in a management level. Healthcare, long-term care and senior housing environment preferred.
- Exemplary computer skills that include knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products.