The Vice President Human Resources will drive key Human Resources best practices and initiatives and provide strategic direction and expertise for the full scope of the HR function, across all locations. The Vice President of HR will develop and execute the HR strategy for the organization and be responsible for leading the reimagination of Company’s HR function, structure and policies. The role will serve as a thought partner to the Senior Leadership Team, provide HR advisory services with regards to leadership, coaching, employee relations, talent acquisition, engagement, culture, compensation, organizational design and change, performance management and learning and development. This role will oversee the company HR teams and be responsible for leading, assessing, mentoring and supporting team members to ensure daily HR operations are handled timely and appropriately.
Company is a private community and cultural center for creative entrepreneurs in film, design, fashion, branding, architecture and the arts. The world’s most innovative people are profoundly shifting the way they live, create, and choose to work. Company is a response to that evolution. While Company supports the ingenuity of today’s start-up culture in spirit, we cater to established entrepreneurs who enjoy an elevated professional experience that combines design, hospitality, community and cultural programming.
- · Develop and implement the human resources plan that aligns with the overall mission and strategy of Company, resulting in innovative, best practices and policies that will service the full range of Company’s HR needs and help build a high-performing culture of innovation, accountability, and collaboration.
- · Gain an understanding of the organization and participate fully in all strategic deliberations. Act as a strategic partner to all members of the Senior Leadership Team and provide insightful, innovative thinking and problem solving on critical HR issues.
- · Optimize the HR function/team, modernize and refine key systems, processes and activities aligned toward achieving strategic objectives. Ensure all departments and the organization as a whole is structured and operating effectively.
- · Provide HR guidance on special projects, HR system selection/implementation, analytics & reporting, talent reviews, training, change management, organizational design and diversity and inclusion.
- • Proactively manage resource allocation and maintain a competitive approach to Job recruiting and assimilating high-potential talent. Advise on people programs and processes to enhance talent attraction, retention, development, and succession. Partner with the CFO in overseeing organizational headcount budget, people related costs and departmental budget.
- • Develop and manage the Human Resources plan that supports the physical expansion of the business to new locations, states and cities.
- • Manage hiring strategy for the opening of all new locations
- • Develop comprehensive approaches to employee development, retention and onboarding by refining or creating: compensation and benefits, career paths and employee development, succession planning, and learning opportunities as appropriate to the needs of Company.
- • Oversee compensation practices and philosophy to ensure salary benchmarking and surveys are handled on a regular basis.
- • Guide the HR team in supporting Performance Management, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Engagement, Benefits, Immigration Policy and Compliance.
- • Partner with IT on HRIS and related systems, protocols, capabilities, and upgrades.
- • Interact with vendors and external partners to create and maintain relationships and negotiate contracts. Advise and lead on benefits plans and renewals for healthcare and plan designs.
- • Partner with Legal to ensure compliance & mitigate organizational risks.
Culture and Development
- • Coach and counsel Senior Leadership Team in developing themselves and their teams to achieve improved performance and engagement.
- • Counsel, coach and guide Senior Leadership Team and staff in addressing concerns and complaints to assure fair and equitable treatment while ensuring compliance with local labor regulations and practices.
- • Coach and mentor fellow colleagues/managers and develop leadership bench strength capable of addressing the challenges of a highly dynamic evolving organization.
- • Guide HR Managers on how to mediate employee relations and performance issues and provide counsel to fellow managers on appropriate methods of performance management.
- • Role model Company’s core values and demonstrate leadership consistently with all team members of the Company community.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- • Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or MBA preferred. Certifications in HR, preferred (SPHR, GPHR).
- • At least 10+ years of progressive HR leadership experience, with at least 3 years leading an HR function.
- • At least 5 years experience managing people and teams of various sizes in dispersed locations demonstrating a strong cultural awareness of different regions.
- • Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, workers’ compensation, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and California state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, ERISA, and NLRA.
- • Multiple location and city experience required
- • Solid knowledge of all facets of HR, New York and/or California experience required
- • Experience within hospitality industry preferred; working knowledge of Service/Food and Beverage industry.
- • Broad and deep experience as an HR Business Partner supporting executives or senior leadership.
- • Working knowledge of benefit programs and compensation structures.
- • General business and financial acumen with the ability to develop and utilize HR data and metrics as they relate to and impact business areas in Finance, Legal, IT, payroll, and administration.
- • Excellent communications skills - written, verbal and interpersonal - and an ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences.
- • Demonstrated capability in adapting and innovating HR practices and solutions and right sizing them to the needs of a fluid and fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
- • Results-driven, agile, change agent with the commitment and confidence to assume a leadership role in an evolving complex environment.
- • Drive initiatives with limited resources and roll-up your sleeves attitude to achieve desired results.
- • Unquestionable personal integrity, fairness and credibility necessary to gain the trust and commitment of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- • Demonstrated success at cultivating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and creating partnerships at all levels within the organization to achieve results.
- • Empathetic and engaging individual, who listens well, is responsive, solutions focused and results oriented.
- • Passionate about the mission of Company, enthused by the challenges confronting the organization, and dedicated to achieving its goal.