Job Description and Duties:
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the V.P. Human Resources is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the strategic plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of recruitment and talent management, succession planning, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, labor relations, contract negotiations, benefits and compensation. The V.P., Human Resources provides strategic leadership by articulating H.R. needs and plans to the executive management team and Board of Directors.
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the agency’s mission, strategic vision and goals.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Work with the agency’s executive management to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the agency.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective for the agency.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation and labor relations.
- Business Acumen
- Ethical Practice
- Relationship Management
- Leadership & Navigation
- HR Expertise
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Critical Evaluation
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Will work in an office environment with travel to employer, funder and client work sites. Must be able to operate standard office equipment.
BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university. Advanced degree in related field preferred.
SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification.