Company is seeking a Head of Talent and People Operations to join our Talent team! We are growing rapidly and need a human resources virtuoso who has past experience in recruiting among other People Ops disciplines. The best candidate for this position will be a person who has experience in a high growth tech startup, is passionate about people, has an innovative working style, and can help us scale our business while staying true to the Company experience.
As the Head of Talent and People Operations at Company, you will be crucial to the success and expansion of our Talent Team. This person will work across all areas of human resources, recruitment, retention, staff training, compensation/rewards, employee relations and benefits. Working closely with business leaders across the company, your work will be instrumental in developing and growing each department, while developing and maintaining Company's culture and values.
Who We Are Looking For:
- A well-rounded professional in all HR and Recruitment disciplines with specific expertise and experience in Employee Relations and Total Rewards (compensation and benefits). HRIS and payroll experience a plus
- Someone who is well-versed in current HR regulations and compliance
- Someone willing and able to dive in operationally, and with strong implementation skills
- Someone who is process- and operationally - minded, easily able to connect the dots and drive efficiencies
- Someone who has experience recruiting in a tech start-up and/or recruiting engineers
- A go-getter who can self-manage, define and execute new processes and strategies
- A Business Partner experienced in working with executive leaders and hiring managers across multiple teams and levels
- A scrappy & creative thinker; an optimist
- A detail-oriented and perceptive communicator who enjoys problem solving
- A leader and mentor with an insightful and compassionate personality
- Someone who will manage sensitive information with integrity
- Someone who will uphold Company's values and represent the company
You will be responsible for a broad range of crucial functions at Company including: Talent Management, Performance Management, Recruitment Management, On-Boarding, Workforce Planning, Policies and Compliance, Culture Development, Team Engagement and HR reporting. Specifically:
- Lead and manage the Talent Team and partner with President/COO to create People Operations strategy
- Lead and guide Talent Acquisition; identify candidates who represent Company's values, meet and exceed requirements, and who will benefit the company; uphold a strong accordance with Equal Employment Opportunity to cultivate a diverse and inclusive team of professionals
- Develop strategies to streamline the hiring process (job postings, interviews, recruiting, retention, on-boarding)
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal and compliance requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risk and ensuring federal and state regulatory compliance; liaise with internal and external legal counsel as needed on all employment related matters
- Partner with Business leaders to implement early people programs - Employee Referrals, Interview Training, Onboarding, etc.
- Build, support, and embody Company's company culture
- Lead and iterate on performance review processes, & support team members across Company with career development
- Manage human resources daily operations including employee compensation and benefits, orientation and training of new hires, and maintaining health and safety accountability with labor laws
- Create scalable and repeatable professional development programs to grow our teams’ capabilities and support employee goals, as well as overall Company job satisfaction and retention
- Experience at a high growth tech startup is a MUST
- Human Resources management
- 7+ years of experience in HR, Recruiting, People organizations
- Experience working in dynamic startup environments of up to 500 people.
- Experience developing teams and leaders across all of the HR disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- A proven track record of developing standards for hiring, fostering teamwork, and spearheading operation processes
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team and work collaboratively across many departments
- A substantial understanding of laws and regulations related to Human Resources
- A passion for people!