The Vice President – Advisory oversees the performance of Genesis consulting business in Americas region, which covers the Pre-Concept, Concept Identification/ Development and Pre-FEED/FEED activities, Digital Solutions, Technical Services, Operational Support and End of Field Life Planning. The primary objective of the Advisory business is to work with Genesis’ Clients to transform project economics, create high-impact solutions, and provide technical and commercial assurance.
Role & Responsibilities:
- · Defines and executes the strategy to grow Advisory products, services and capabilities.
- · Ensures delivery of quality services in pre-FEED and operational phase engineering including field development planning, conceptual studies and subject matter expertise of onshore, offshore and subsea facilities and production systems.
- · Responsible for setting and achieving Advisory financial targets for Americas region in alignment with overall business objectives, and regional senior leadership.
- · Maintains significant portion of business development activities, customer engagement, strategic planning and study execution.
- · Oversees all advisory activities in field development services to determine if a customer’s project is economic and supports in the selection of optimal development concept.
- · Leads advisory team and ensures all work output includes:
o All potential contributors to the value of the project and identification of an equitable basis for concept selection;
o Audit trail for the decision process, with a robust basis and clear reasons for the elimination of alternatives;
o Understanding of sub-surface/reservoir drivers
o Identification of choices and concepts that provide the maximum project value and results assured;
o Undertake economic modelling and analysis of various alternatives
o Identification and assessment of threats to the success of the development and potential sources of reduction in the economic value of the project.
- · Accountable to provide high-quality and cost competitive advisory services in subsea facilities, surface facilities, environmental impact, technical safety, and economics and risk assessment,
to maximize customer satisfaction.
- · Responsible to develop and implement industry leading digitization and data-centric tools, to drive efficiency, improve delivery and reduce internal costs.
- · In partnership with Global Genesis Advisory counterparts, oversees the development and implementation of consistent best practices, processes, standards and workflows and
- · Oversees the Advisory function, allocating resources in a timely and efficient manner to support project delivery and ensure quality.
- · Accountable to maintain and develop a technically-competent advisory team, trained to the highest industry standards.
- · Responsible to develop a lean and customer-oriented culture within the advisory group.
- · Responsible to develop in very close coordination with all VPs cost competitive engineering execution models by leveraging on low cost operating centers, notably in Americas
- · Partners with Engineering Department Managers, VP Projects and VP Commercial to assign resources to projects.
- · Bachelor of Science Degree. Master’s Degree in Engineering Discipline preferred
- · Minimum of 15+ years of experience in the energy industries
- · Field Development or Energy Consulting experience preferred
- · Operator Field Development Planning background a plus
- · Managing economic modelling and analysis
- · Experience and/or understanding in Reservoir aspects of field development
- · Client centric focus and excellent communication skills
- · Combination of technical and business acumen
- · Digitalization literacy a plus
- · Flexibility and willingness to travel to develop and execute business