It’s possible to be happy even after being fired, getting overlooked for a promotion, or experiencing a major setback at work or a loss in your life. You don’t control the circumstances or events in your life, but you do control how you feel about them.
Studies have shown happiness is one of the most powerful emotions we possess. In this ExecuNet Master Class session, Kathy Nugent, LCSW, discusses how happiness not only can change your outlook on life, but can help you overcome everyday challenges. You’ll learn:
- What specifically impacts your happiness and how can you shift it
- How happiness inspires you to be more productive
- Why bringing gratitude to mind can positively influence your success at work and in life
- Key steps that you can take each day to increase our experience of happiness
Examples of positive therapy techniques are shared, along with practical strategies for coping with illness, work obstacles, and everyday life.
Here’s what some attendees of the live event had to say:
- “Going through a challenging time professionally right now and this was of tremendous help. Many ideas to implement when things are looking bleak or when I might be not handling daily responsibilities in the best manner.”
- [I learned] “Change complaints to goals and disappointment to opportunity. I have control of myself to perform a conscious assessment and engage outside support as needed. I am the owner of my own happiness.”
- “Feelings matter…even in stressful work environments.”
No Replies to "Come on Get Happy: The Secret to a Better Career and Life"