It’s possible to be happy even after being fired, getting overlooked for a promotion, or experiencing a major setback at work or a loss in your life. You don’t control the circumstances or events in your life, but you do control how you feel about them.
Studies have shown happiness is one of the most powerful emotions we possess. In this ExecuNet Master Class session, Kathy Nugent, LCSW, discusses how happiness not only can change your outlook on life, but can help you overcome everyday challenges. You’ll learn:
- What specifically impacts your happiness and how can you shift it
- How happiness inspires you to be more productive
- Why bringing gratitude to mind can positively influence your success at work and in life
- Key steps that you can take each day to increase our experience of happiness
Examples of positive therapy techniques are shared, along with practical strategies for coping with illness, work obstacles, and everyday life.
Here’s what some attendees of the live event had to say:
- “Going through a challenging time professionally right now and this was of tremendous help. Many ideas to implement when things are looking bleak or when I might be not handling daily responsibilities in the best manner.”
- [I learned] “Change complaints to goals and disappointment to opportunity. I have control of myself to perform a conscious assessment and engage outside support as needed. I am the owner of my own happiness.”
- “Feelings matter…even in stressful work environments.”
This post is reserved for our Premium Access Members. Become a Premium Access Member or login if you are already an ExecuNet Premium Access Member.
Premium Members have access to over 100 live events, a searchable library of over 2,000 articles and videos, discounts on the latest books, ability to apply to all of ExecuNet's vetted executive jobs, visibility to hundreds of executive recruiters, and more…
William Flamme is ExecuNet's Associate Director of Content Marketing, where he develops engaging job search, career path, and leadership insight to build ExecuNet's brand recognition as the leader in senior-level executive job search and all matters career.
He delivers executive-level content across the various properties under the ExecuNet brand, amplifying the power of ExecuNet's expert voices and shaping the content strategy.
Prior to joining ExecuNet in 2008, Will earned a master's degree in education and taught fifth grade and sixth grade. As a teacher, he deepened his appreciation for the written word and mastered skills necessary for managing writers who sometimes view deadlines as homework. It is his training as an educator which allows Will to take complex ideas and make them simple for busy executives to understand and to execute.
No Replies to "Come on Get Happy: The Secret to a Better Career and Life"