Michael Lenox and Aaron Chatterji believe the answer is a resounding “Yes!”
The two have written an eye-opening book in which they outline how business leaders in the private sector are vital to the future health of our planet. ExecuNet Master Class host, Tony Vlahos, spoke with Michael Lenox to flush out how inventors, executives, customers, investors, activists, and government need to all be drivers of green growth – not simply waiting for the market to demand sustainable practices. Lenox is the Tayloe Murphy Professor of Business Administration and Senior Associate Dean and Chief Strategy Officer at the University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business.
Listen to what Professor Lenox had to say about addressing this issue that should matter to all of us.
- 0:47 The research behind the book
- 1:33 Climate change is real
- 3:00 Why can’t the government handle this problem?
- 4:10 Businesses are the solution
- 6:40 What we can learn from the everyday CEOs
- 8:52 Too much focus is on the demand-pool site of the equation
- 11:10 Changes that can be implemented right away
No Replies to "Can Business Save the Earth?"