Last week, I identified half a dozen books from 2015 that you simply have to read and share. So I figured it’d be a great idea to do the same thing with ExecuNet insights from this past year. There are so many interviews, master classes and articles I want to make sure you’ve seen that getting the list down to half a dozen wasn’t feasible. Instead, I decided to go with a baker’s dozen of insights from some of the world’s brightest minds in career management, business and leadership development. These selections were the most popular with ExecuNet members this year.
A baker’s dozen of great insights from 2015:
- Performing Under Pressure: The Science of Doing Your Best When it Matters Most – Dr. Hendrie Weisinger is truly fascinating! We all feel pressure… learn how to master yours.
- Negotiating Compensation: The Rules of the Game – Ford Myers explains how to make sure you know how to get what you deserve – an overwhelming member favorite.
- 6 Must Haves to Win Today’s Job Search Competition – Don Weintraub, the head of ExecuNet’s career strategists, explains how to get a job in today’s market.
- Truly Human Leadership – Bob Chapman shares simple yet groundbreaking ideas that challenge traditional thinking about how to run a business and how to be an effective leader.
- Women’s Best Strategies for Succeeding in Business – Janice Ellig, one of Business Week’s “World’s Most Influential Headhunters,” explains how woman can get a seat at the table.
- 10 Thoughts About Leadership – Jon Gordon boils leadership down to what really matters.
- Triggers: Creating Behavior that Lasts – Becoming the Person You Want to Be – Marshall Goldsmith, the world’ best leadership coach, examines the triggers that derail us and shares a practical tool to drive personal and organizational change and performance improvement.
- Seth Godin on Making Smart Career Moves and Getting Employers to Notice You – Seth Godin spoke with ExecuNet’s Anthony Vlahos about when it’s time to move on, job search strategy and getting noticed.
- Retained Executive Search: How it Can Work for You – Paul Stefunek discusses the art and science of retained executive search and how to work with retained executive search firms.
- The Power of “Pull Marketing” in Your Job Search – Ford Myers explains how to conduct your job search in such a way that employers take the first step by reaching out to you.
- The Bagel Story: A Lesson in Shattering Silos – Peter Bregman explains how a simple shift in perspective can double stock prices.
- 5 Career Lessons From Rafting – I share thoughts on navigating the choppy waters of executive life.
- Are You Fully Charged? – Tom Rath spoke with ExecuNet’s Anthony Vlahos about his powerful research on how we all can live happier, healthier more productive lives.
ExecuNet’s goal is to connect you with the brightest minds in career management, business and leadership development so you can immerse yourself in a learning environment with a diverse group of successful executives from across industries. All of these selections are simply must watch or must reads – thought-provoking insights that will help you take the next steps in your career, business and leadership development. Enjoy!
No Replies to "A Baker's Dozen of Great Insights From 2015"