When was the last time you came home and announced “Gee, I had a great day today—I got criticized!”? How comfortable do you feel when you have to criticize someone…your assistant, coworker, boss, or spouse?
There is now an abundance of research that shows giving and receiving criticism productively is crucial to individual and organizational effectiveness. Business executives who have the ability to give and take criticism productively are more successful than those who don’t. Conversely, an inability to give and take criticism effectively has dire consequences, be it at work or at home.
In this high-impact ExecuNet Master Class session, Dr. Weisinger, the originator of the highly regarded techniques of criticism training, shows how to convert the everyday process of giving and receiving criticism from an often-destructive encounter into a positive experience for everyone involved. Topics include:
- Why It’s Difficult to Give and Take Criticism
- Criticism vs. Feedback—the crucial difference
- 7 Factors of Productive Criticism
- Techniques for Criticizing Your Staff, Colleagues, or Boss
- 5 Tips for Handling Your Most Difficult and Challenging Criticism Encounters
- Taking Criticism—the High Performance Model
- The Essence of a Positive Critic
Using examples from all phases of life, Dr. Weisinger demonstrates how to harness the power of positive criticism to strengthen relationships, improve performance and promote change.
Here’s what some attendees of the live event had to say:
- “Excellent material that can help anyone in every area of your life.”
- “Great advice. Can’t be a healthy leader without this skill.”
- “Some good tips and tricks to give/receive criticism.”
No Replies to "The Art and Science of Giving and Receiving Positive Criticism"