“Change is the only constant these days, and leaders need to lead through the tumultuous change businesses, countries and families are facing,” said Jeb Bush, former Governor of Florida, early on in his presentation on the Radio City Music Hall stage at the 2013 World Business Forum.
Bush offered five principles for leaders to adhere to as they face the key challenges in America today:
- Have courage in your convictions. Say what you are going to do with enough confidence and specificity that people believe that you are sincere and will follow. Tell people what you are going to do and then do it. Don’t just say what you want to do or will try to do. Give people a clear sense of what your objectives are.
- Set big aspirational goals. Be big and bold. B.H.A.G. = big, hairy, audacious goals. Put your energy into working toward great achievements, ones that will make a difference.
- Challenge basic assumptions. Protecting the status quo in business and in politics is the dominate feature in life. Counter that by asking “Why not?”
- Stick with it. Through dogged determination great things can be achieved.
- Be humble. Recognize that you don’t have all the answers and need people who are invested in your ideas to help you.
No Replies to "Addressing the Key Challenges Facing America Today"